Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Sounds

               The Sounds

Once my life was filled with noise
A neighbor clanking dishes
While I tried to sleep
The shouts of children
Engrossed in play
When I tried to study or write.
Arguments between spouses
Loud or soft
Many languages stirred in
I heard it all
No insulation within our walls.
Now, I've moved
Quiet is what I sought
Now I have it
Day and night.
Yes, the birds do sing
Flowers and plants do grow
A car passes slowly by
Occasionally a phone will ring
I hear a plane pass by high in the sky
Or the traffic on the highway near by.
I never thought I'd miss
The clatters or the shouts
Of life going on around me
Until they are no longer come.
Now that I've moved on
To a quiet place where noise is lost
Where the closing of closet
Breaks the silence just a little.

Clara Clackum - 8/2013



No comments:

Post a Comment